The morning sickness that I thought was headed my way has gone. I’ve been spending lots of time napping and reading all about your arrival.
Most of my week has been spent eating. It wasn’t until last night that I got to learn more about how much I should be eating. I feel like I’m tethered to the kitchen! I’m trying to eat every two hours, and I’m trying to eat double what I used to. It’s a struggle. It’s all going to be worth it when I see you both be big and healthy.
Sometimes I worry about how you guys are. I want to know if you’re growing. I want to know if you’re getting the food and nutrients you need. I want to know that everything is okay down there.
I try not to let that worry take over though. I know that I’ll be able to see you once more in a little under two weeks. I am excited to meet my OB and get an ultrasound, even if it’s bright and early in the morning. Right now, I know you’re in there— even if I can’t (often) feel your movements and presence against my belly.
It’s hard to describe how you feel. Sometimes, when I’m laying on my side with a pillow under my wee belly, I can feel these warm squishy bubbles against me. They’re different from whatever else is going on there. They vibrate a little. It’s not as if I’m feeling kicks or motion. I know your presence. I hope that feeling never leaves.
Lately I’ve been wondering about how our lives will be once you’re out and we’re all in this together. How will we handle being a minor centre of attention when we go shopping? Your dad and I went out for chicken wings tonight. There was a woman with a baby in a stroller nearby.
I kept wondering how we’ll be able to go out with two babies at once. We will find a way. It’s going to take time to learn how to be four people instead of two grown-ups. Someday, I’ll look back on this and wonder what all the fuss was about.
My belly is growing bigger. Someone at work told me I had a baby bump on Friday. It may have been because I ran out of loose-fitting shirts and had to wear something tighter. I’m proud of us.
I’ve been feeling blessed lately. I feel so honoured to have a wonderful husband (your dad), a lovely home, a family who cares, and the tools for us to make a great life together. We are all going to be okay.
Happy eve of week ten!
P.S. Just for fun…
- I am tasting coconut milk and coconut oil.
- I am seeing all those things I’ve collected over the past few years slowly come to life, and have a presence outside of storage boxes. I am also seeing two lovely Stokke high chairs— my craigslist super find— that will be yours in about a year.
- I am hearing wind. A tornado touched down in Ottawa a few days ago. Fall has set in.
- I am touching squishy yellow, white, and grey baby yarn. I’ve decided to make two toddler-sized blankets and I hope to make them the exact same. This is going to be a long project, and I’m okay with it. It keeps me off the Internet.
- I am smelling all the smells. I had no idea being pregnant would give me a sense of smell like a hound. Luckily, it hasn’t interfered with my ability to eat.
I’m going to begin taking bump pictures soon. I tell myself I’ll do it each morning. It never happens. Sometimes I feel like if I wait til night, I’ve got a food belly more than a baby belly.